Selling tips on the North Shore
Selling your home can be stressful. MMG Realty will help you get it right with top tips for preparing your home for sale.
Preparing your home for sale
How your home is prepared for sale can be the difference between a standard price or a great sale above your expectations! Preparation doesn’t need to be difficult, time consuming or expensive. We have mastered the art of sale preparation. Here’s our top tips:
- Think of the preparation like detailing a car before you sell it – create a clean, warm feel to show the house has been well maintained
- Declutter all spaces and remove any excess furniture
- Keep the styling simple and classic – allow the buyers to see how they can put their own stamp on the property
- If the property is empty, consider using a property staging service – buyers like to see a real, liveable space
- Get the carpets cleaned before the open house
- Remove signs of damp or moisture in the walls
- Repair any shower leakages or cracked walls
- Remove any cigarette, food or animal odours
- Think about curb appeal – make sure any gardens are well maintained and consider how landscaping could add to the first impression
- Invest in some professional cleaning – houses looking less than their best send ‘warning signals’ to prospective buyers that there might be issues lurking you haven’t disclosed
- Get advice from a real estate professional on the most cost-effective ways to prepare your home for your target market.
Get in touch with MMG Realty for practical advice and affordable solutions on preparing your property for sale.